Home / 纲领 / History

History

Today

ERICHSEN is a modern innovative company that has been providing a wide range of testing machines and equipment for over 100 years. We serve the sheet metal processing, surface coating, anti-corrosion and materials testing industries. Dr. Frank Szepan, managing director of the ERICHSEN Group, explains "We've gathered valuable experience and ideas for providing measuring and testing equipment that is both innovative and pioneering."

2013

Ludger Wahlers has been appointed to our executive management team alongside Dr. Frank Szepan. Wahlers is an experienced national and international sales specialist who has been in charge of the Sales and Customer Service departments since July 3, 2013.
The Dr. Dieter Murmann Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH, in Kiel, Germany, acquired all shares of the ERICHSEN Group. They replaced the previous shareholders BPE Unternehmensbeteiligungen GmbH, Hamburg. The management at ERICHSEN is unchanged with Dr. Frank Szepan, Stefan Schneider and Ludger Wahlers remaining on board.

"Worldwide Code of Legal and Ethical Business Conduct"
der DMB Dr. Dieter Murmann Beteiligungsgesellschaft.

2007

2007 the changes of generations have been performed successfully within the scope of a management buy-out of this family business which is rich in tradition. Dr. Frank Szepan, General Manager, and Stefan Schneider, Technical Director, took over jointly with BPE Private Equity 100% of the business shares of Bjoern and Martin Erichsen. Due to the combination of management share-holding the continuity and autonomy of the enterprise, founded in 1910, was guaranteed. In view of the 100th company anniversary Dr. Frank Szepan said:” We are well prepared and, together with a strong partner in finance, will acquire new opportunities and thus strengthen the brand name ERICHSEN in the market worldwide. Therefore, we will stay your reliable partner for any question to the topic Measuring and Testing”.

1998

1998 the principle decision was taken to re-enter into the field of mechanical materials testing by introducing hydraulic and electronic force and pressure gauges as well as high precision calibration machines as primary and/or secondary standards. In addition the development of a series of up to date universal tensile testing machines was initiated. All this was supported by experienced and competent former employees from Wuppertal. Combined with the state-of-the-art technology in hard- and software this led up to a very modern and attractive productline.

1975

1975 Björn Erichsen joined the company after he had completed his engineering and business studies at the Polytechnic in Munich and the George Washington University in the USA. When his father took up his well earned retirement from the day to day running of the business in 1977, and subsequently died in 1988, Björn Erichsen took over and so the third generation now leads the company. Under his direction the range of instruments has been further extended, especially in the field of modern, non- destructive measuring instruments for the coatings industry.

1949

1949 After the confusion of the war years and the loss of his factory A.M. Erichsen decided to start afresh in Western Germany. His best partner was his son, Dr.-Ing. Per F. Erichsen who was born in 1913. Per Erichsen had studied mechanical engineering in Hanover and obtained further academic qualifications at the Technical University in Aachen and the Coal Research Institute in Dortmund. To rebuild the company was a hard task. There were no machines, tools or design drawings and the premises consisted of the works kitchen of a large manufacturer of machinery. There was, however, no shortage of ideas and enthusiasm. Components were obtained from outside suppliers and everyone took part in fitting and assembly. Today the company has a modern factory in Hemer-Sundwig.

1932

1932 True to his Viking tradition A.M.Erichsen continued to be full of ideas and introduced the Deep Drawing Cup Test. The test plays a vital role in providing fundamental information for batch production of deep draw parts.Numerous further developments and improvements followed.

1930

1930 The German State Chemical/ Technical Establishment applied the ERICHSEN Cupping Test to measure elasticity and adhesion of paints and lacquers. The results were so convincing that this method was established worldwide in the lacquer and paint industry.

1928

1928 A.M. Erichsen set up his first small factory in Teltow near Berlin. Research and experiments led to further inventions.

1910

1910 With his Viking background, and after attaining his engineering qualifications, A.M. Erichsen set up his own company in Berlin-Reinickendorf. His first invention, the water cooled ingot mould, which to this day is the basis for the most widely used casting technique in the foundry industry, established the economic foundation of the new company. Of equal importance was A.M. Erichsen's next invention: the cupping test. It was the first special test method for assessing the quality of sheet metal, and again he obtained a patent. Today is the test method recommended by the International Standards Organisation (ISO) and as such is used by all industrial countries. The ERICHSEN Cupping Test is the technique used worldwide to measure sheet metal quality, just as temperature is measured in Celsius or Fahrenheit.